To receive an overseas researcher in your institution under the MIF research fellowship programme, your understanding and cooperation to the followings would be highly appreciated.
- The MIF’s research grant is provided only for its fellow. There are no incentives, subsides or research grants for a host institution or professor/scholar.
- Application for the Certificate of Eligibility(COE) at an immigration bureau to obtain an entry visa to Japan.
- Arrangement for lodging accommodation for the fellow during his/her fellowship period.
- Assistance for resident registration and the national health insurance at a municipal office and opening a bank account in the fellow’s name.
- The fellow will be absent from your laboratory to participate in events organized by the MIF.